It’s that time of year for reflections and projections. I’m so grateful to you for stopping by, commenting, sharing, engaging social posts throughout the year and always. I started this blog because I enjoy talking about fashion and beauty. And, it’s such a privilege and honor to still be able to do that with the same excitement and joy I had when I started. That has so much to do with you. So, thank you!
As we count down to the end of the year, I thought it would be cool to look back at some special moments and blog milestones. I’ll be doing that all week. Today’s post spotlights some of my most memorable features and opportunities. Here we go!
1. Fenty Beauty. As a super fan of Fenty Beauty products (see blog posts here and here) and Rihanna, I was beyond thrilled when I stumbled upon my own picture on the brands Instagram page. Somebody pinch me, please!
2. Natural Hair Love. 2017 was a year of major hair changes for me. I’ll definitely reflect more on that in a separate post. I occasionally write about hair and hair products, so among other concerns, I was a bit nervous about how chopping off all my hair might affect the work I do here. So, to receive the support and love from you all and my natural hair community has been so comforting.
3. Love Gap. My Gap Fit activewear is among my all-time favorites. I still own and wear some pieces that are 7 years old! So, when Gap (and Gap France and a few other Gap locations) asked to use an image of me in their social campaigns earlier this year, it was an easy yes.
4. Fashion Bomb Daily. I’ve been a Claire Sulmers and the Fashion Bomb Daily super fan from day one. So, when I was invited to be included a fashion feature focusing on one of my favorite prints (gingham), I was ecstatic. See the post here.
5. Collections by Joya. “Hey, Psyche, would you like to model for our upcoming catalog?” Me: “Err…I’m not a model.” Ha! That was seriously my first thought when one of my favorite locally-based jewelry brands asked me to model for its spring lookbook (see more on that here). It was such an awesome experience.
6. Denizen Style Council. And, when your favorite denim brand invites you to be a year-long ambassador, life doesn’t get any better than that.
7. Refinery 29. I love Mac Rebel! It’s one of my favorite lippies. So, I was excited to see how universally flattering it was in a Refinery 29 piece. Then, there I was! Check out the article here.
You had a very good year. It reinforces that if you just keep doing what you love well, the opportunities will come.
All the best in the new year.
Thanks so so so much, Nylse! Best wishes in the new year!
So wonderful to see all you’ve accomplished this year! I’ve enjoyed your blog for years and will continue to do so 🙂 Plus, the new hair is SO flattering. It really suits your style.
Thanks so much, Brittany! I really appreciate the kind words.
You have had an amazing year!!! You are so talented and I enjoy the visuals and content on your blog and Instagram. Cheers to a successful and prosperous 2018!!!
Thanks so much, Janel! I wish you all the best in 2018.
Fantastic. Cheers to more in 2018.
Thanks so much, Neti! Cheers to a fabulous 2018!
What a great year you’ve had–hoping for more of the same in 2018 and thanks for taking all of us along with you! We’re cheering you on as you go!
Thank you so much, Tara! I appreciate your love and support always. Wishing you a fabulous 2018 as well.