From tie-dye to gingham to African prints, attention-grabbing patterns are glamorous wardrobe must-haves for Summer 2016. While solids are always in season, rocking in-your-face prints is a ticket to an elevated style this warm season. Tis the summer to go bold or go home! African prints are among my favorites to wear because the colors are rich and the patterns echo an equally rich cultural history.
I’ve particularly enjoyed the rise of the African print micro-trend because the prints have become readily available. I can walk into Anthropologie and purchase a skirt from an African designer or go online to order an African print head wrap from a Brooklyn-based designer. Today, I’m sharing 6 reasons why I embrace African prints in my style.
1. A wear-with-everything African print clutch is always the perfect finishing touch.
2. African print skirts always look good with a classic white tee.
3. African fabrics make the funkiest scarves.
4. African prints are super cool in print-on-print creations.
5. The colors in African print skirts are a roadmap for fun color pairings.
6. An African print scarf can transform a bad hair day into a fashion statement.