I was asked recently to review Dove’s latest Clinical Protection deodorant/antiperspirant. My decision to try this product was easy after the success I’ve had testing other Dove deodorants (see Don’t Sweat Your Style).
Those of us with hyperhidrosis are cautious about selecting deodorants and antiperspirants to test because of a higher likelihood that they will fail us. Dove Clinical Strength promises a lot though:
· (1) Moisturization, (2) Gentle on skin, (3) Soothes after shaving
· Less irritating than the leading prescription-strength anti-perspirant/deodorant
· Offers prescription strength wetness protection with the maximum level of active ingredient available without a prescription (20%)
· Provides powerful 24-hour odor and wetness protection, allowing women to feel confident and self-assured
· Unlike other clinical strength deodorants, does not contain aluminum chloride or alcohols which can cause skin irritation and discomfort
As promised, the product is moisturizing, gentle, and even soothes after shaving. It’s certainly less irritating than my prescribed antiperspirant. When worn daily, it provided good protection against wetness and odor protection.
Products like this one are not sufficient to replace prescribed products (for excessive sweaters), but they are perfect for integrating into treatment plans especially when prescribed products cause irritation.
One of the most notable things about Dove Clinical Strength is the original clean fragrance. It’s a fresh and clean smell that lingers.
Disclosure: I received the Dove product free of charge for review purposes as well as a beauty goody bag. No monetary compensation was received for writing this post. As always, all the ideas and opinions expressed are my own.
I think dove is good choice for dry skin tones. I need to check this deo anyways.