Chambray shirts are a spring and summer perennial favorite. This fall, though, the denim-on-denim trend made the chambray shirt a must-have item for the fall too.
I got a chambray shirt when I participated in the Liz Claiborne for jcpenney “7 Days of Style” campaign. But, I haven’t worn the shirt much since creating that denim on denim look. Since the shirt is too fly to be closet-bound, I’m pulling out the fashion thesaurus today.
How to Wear a Chambray Shirt:
1. Chambray and tan: Chambray and white is always winner, so why not khaki or tan? This tan, pleated skirt with a black waist band works wonderfully with the chambray top.
|Skirt-Cynthia Rowley via TJ Maxx, Shoes-Franco Sarto via Marshalls
2. Chambray and sequins: Who says chambray is only for casual wear?
|Blazer-Gap, Skirt—c/o Loft, Shoes-Tahari via Marshalls
3. Chambray with a print skirt. Chambray makes a cool substitute for a white shirt, so why not rock it with a print skirt?
|Cardigan-Loft, Skirt-The Limited, Shoes-Tahari via Marshalls
4. Chambray for a preppy look. Chambray exudes preppy cool when paired with preppy essentials.
|Sweater-Old Navy, Skirt-Dolce & Gabbana, Loafers-Me Too via DSW
5. Check out my Liz Claiborne for jcpenney “7 Days of Style” post for a denim on denim outfit with this chambray top.
Shopping for a chambray top? This jcpenney top has sold out online, but check out this Eddie Bauer chambray shirt on sale for $19.99.