Happy New Year, my stylish friends! I’m slowly making my way back from an unplanned, extended break. I had several reflection posts planned for the end of the year because 2019 was a huge year for Economy of Style. I have you to thank for those successes.
But, 2019 was also the most traumatic year as well, and that trauma has literally shut things down. My mom died suddenly two days before Christmas, and that loss has been so painful that I needed a moment to catch my breath and imagine a happy life without her. It’s a work in progress.
Today, I just wanted to check in. To jumpstart our discussions about style, I thought it would be cool to share my style goals for the year. 2020 fashion is bringing it, and I’m truly excited about a lot of it.
2020 Style Goals
1. Be mindful about the trends I embrace. 2020 favorites include statement sleeves, suiting up my way, button-ups worn with everything, tiered dresses, and collarbone-flaunting styles. A dedicated trends post is on the horizon.
2. Incorporate more black and white styles in memory of my mom. She loved wearing black and white.
3. Be more discerning with print selections. I love bold prints, but I also get bored with them quickly.
4. Get excited about styling solid colors, from bold hues to non-boring nudes.
5. Curate a comfy-chic travel style (relying on athleisure staples) to stylishly meet my travel demands this year.
6. Sharpen beauty skills to better align with style expertise.
7. Represent my style everywhere I go. Everywhere.
What’s your style plan for the new year?
P.S.:These images were taken at Hotel RL in St. Louis. Want outfit details? What I’m wearing: Zara dress (sold out), Naturalizer Hollace booties (similar), circle earrings (similar), initial necklace.