Happy New Year! To style on a budget in 2012!
Polka dots were a huge trend last fall. We saw spots everywhere. I recently purchased a black and ivory polka dot dress on sale in Nordstrom Rack (sale: $54.97 | Orig: $138). It’s an ECI faux wrap dress with a blurred polka dot pattern.
I wanted to make sure that my love for this dress could outlast the spotted trend. So, I’m consulting the Fashion Thesaurus today to assess the versatility of this dress.
How to Wear a Polka Dot Dress:
1. Plain Dots
|Shoes—MICHAEL Micahel Kors via Macy’s|
2. Peak a Polka Dot. It’s easy to get bored with standout prints. In those times, I hide the print with chic coverups.
|Cardigan—H&M; Shoes—Adrienne Vittadini via Marshalls|
3. Dots and Dots. Print mixing using variations of one print creates amazing style opportunities.
|Black blazer tones down the bold print mixing|
4. Dots and stripes. Dots and stripes need not argue over their differences, but instead celebrate their compatibility.
5. Dots and Classic Colors. Red and yellow always accent black and white prints well.
6. Dots and Brights. I’m already ready to embrace spring brights. The bold orange, the bright yellow, the kelly green. Spring brights are the perfect toppers for polka dots.
Shopping for a Polka Dot Dress?
I’m currently head-over-heels for Banana Republic’s large polka dot dress. It is priced at $130. Banana Republic handed out coupons for 40% off new items though. I think I may use one of those coupons to get this dress because it’ll surely sell out.
|Banana Republic Large Polka Dot Dress, Size 4|
LOVEEE the different ways u styled this same dress!!
I love how you style stuff.I am a recent grad getting into the job market and your outfits are really helping me get my work wardrobe in check. Thanks for that.
Just saw the last dress from BR.com. Love it and may use the coupons given….
I've been loving polka dots recently too! Love all these styling options that you've created, thanks for the inspiration!
You just amaze me! I wouldn't ever have thought to change up that dress so many ways. Thanks for your great ideas. Keep them coming, please.
Love the way you styled this dress, so many options! You gave me a great ideas for my polka dot dress =)
I have been obsessed with polka dots lately. I love all of these styling options you created, especially look number 2. Thank you for the inspiration! -Dreama
You just gave me so many ideas! Thank you, you Fab fashionista you!
Love the way you've shown all the different options for wearing that dress! I always worry with pattern dresses that I'll run out of ways to wear them – this post was so helpful, thank you 🙂
Such a versatile dress, love how you styled it.
wow… so many different ways to wear one dress! This has got to be one of my favorite posts on your blog so far!