I’m celebrating a birthday next week. So, for the month of October, some of my favorite birthday rewards from stores have been rolling in.
We’ve talked a lot about the benefits of signing up (via email) for store clubs. One cool perk of store club memberships is many stores give special rewards for birthdays. Here are some of my favorite.
1. DSW: DSW Rewards Members receive a $5 birthday certificate.
|Of course, since this is only $5, there is some pressure to spend more in
a DSW. In the years that I had no plans to buy shoes, I used my
certificate on socks or some other cheap accessory. Use it or lose it.
2. Sephora: Beauty Insiders receive a free, get-gorgeous birthday gift annually. A different gift is selected every year. For 2011, everyone receives a Philosophy shampoo/shower gel/bubble bath.
3. Shopping Malls: The St. Louis Galleria Mall gives a $10 mall gift card for your birthday. You must be signed up (by email) for the mall club. The mall club also provides other opportunities to receive $10 gift cards throughout the year.
4. Aveda: Sign up for the birthday club at Aveda to receive a free customized birthday gift (valued at up to $25).
5. Benefit Brow Bar: Free brow arch on your birthday ($20 value). In St. Louis, there’s a Benefit Brow Bar in the Ulta at St. Claire Square.
There are also tons of birthday rewards at chain restaurants (free dessert with an entree purchase and so on) as well as at coffee shops like Starbucks and Caribou coffee (both of these require that you set up an account by registering a gift card online with them).