A tailored blazer is surely a wardrobe must-have. It pairs well with just about everything in our wardrobes, from jeans to skirts to dresses. An easy way to jazz up our styles this season is with a blazer in a bold color. And, nothing says bold like vibrant red, right? In today’s post, my red blazer transforms a simple black and white combo into a powerful color combo.
Artwork from St. Kitts by artists Kate Spencer and Rosie Cameron.
Blazer—℅ Ross Dress for Less | similar
Blouse—℅ Ross Dress for Less | similar
Pants—℅ Ross Dress for Less | similar
Bracelet—J.Crew | matching earrings
Rings—J.Crew Sliced ring, J.Crew Chunky Stone ring, J.Crew Orb ring
I shared my solution for keeping my expanding jewelry collection contained in the Clear, Customizable Jewelry Storage post. The Container Store’s luxe acrylic drawers are my favorite for storing statement pieces of jewelry. The drawers are large enough, allowing necklaces to sit safely. The drawers are clear, allowing pieces to be on display. The drawers also stack, giving the option to add additional drawers as needed.
These drawers became so popular, though, that The Container Store couldn’t keep them in stock (in-store nor online). For months! I was thrilled, then, to finally see the entire drawer system restocked. I’ve since added a couple new large drawers. Check out my new setup.
Statement necklace sitting pretty in a large clear drawer.
Four large clear drawers stacked
A 4-section swivel organizer. It’s perfect for storing bracelets and earrings.
Today’s Free-Style Friday giveaway features a few of my favorite things—notebooks and candles. Whether you write things down to remember or journal your thoughts to explore them further, these notebooks will be perfect for you. And, the only thing better than writing in a chic notebook is doing so in the presence of a lit aromatic candle. So, enter to win this entire set.
The gift set, valued at $50, includes:
- “Be Present” spiral notebook
- J.Crew Factory glitter notebook
- Anthropologie mini capri blue iridescent jar candle
- Paddywax Jane Austen Library tin candle
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Entries can be made until Thursday, December 18, 2014 at 11:59 PM CT.
- Giveaway is open to entries worldwide. Must have a valid mailing address.
- A winner will be randomly selected.
- Selected winner has 48 hours to respond to winning notification email. In the event of no response, another winner will be randomly selected.
Need a gift for a coworker? Want to impress the host of a party you’re attending? Looking for chic holiday finds for yourself? This post has you covered. I’ve rounded up some of the items I like to gift year after year. From the highly anticipated makeup collaboration between Prabal Gurung and Mac to a monogram mug that everyone wants to sip from, this gift guide has a little something for all.
1. Prabal Gurung for Mac. A must-buy for beauty mavens. The collection hits stores this Wednesday.
2. Monogram mugs. They’re back and still make the perfect gift for anyone on your list.
3. Makeup brush set. High quality brushes in a keepsake votive. Perfect for anyone who uses makeup.
4. Nail polish set in holiday colors. The perfect finishing touch to any holiday outfit.
5. Photo frame. This frame by Nate Berkus is as beautiful as the photograph it’ll hold.
6. Correspondence cards. Sometimes, more than a text is in order.
7. Lion place card holders. Roar! It’s a gold lion. What’s not to love?
8. Scented candle. This is a perennial favorite. Scented candle in a stylish porcelain base.
9. Vase. A faceted vase in gold. Even sticks will look good in it.
10. Notebook set. A stylish set for jotting notes down.
Some of you may recall that I shared my jewelry storage system in Economy of Style Closet, Part I. Well, my jewelry collection has already outgrown that setup. I blame the amazing jewelry sales at J.Crew and Anthropologie this year.
As a huge fan of the Container Store’s acrylic storage system, I returned to the store in search of clear containers that were large enough to safely store statement necklaces. I found a modular system with perfectly-sized display drawers that even stack securely for vertical storage. I purchased two of the largest drawers in that system. What I really like is that I can add more if as my collection grows. For now, my jewelry is sitting pretty again, making it so much easier for me to choose accessories when getting dressed.
Large clear drawers (on sale)
4-section swivel organizer
Question mark dish