Finally! I haven’t been this excited to go to the movies in ages. I am so ecstatic that I haven’t thought about what I am going to wear to an afternoon screening of the movie. I know, right! For a moment, this outfit—a fuchsia halter dress adorned with an orange and pink print scarf and tan d’Orsay pumps—seemed like serious possibility. But, nah…Check back on Monday to see what I went with.
Dress–Max Studio via Marshalls
Scarf–Collection Eighteen via Marshalls
Shoes–Tahari via Nordstrom
Have a great weekend. Enjoy the movie!
Summer style. An orange tank and yellow cardigan are a bright combination and give a fresh update to a classic white eyelet trimmed skirt. Tan d’Orsay pumps and a two-tone leather bag add finishing touches.
Tank—BCBG Max Azria via Marshalls Cardigan—Ann Taylor Loft Skirt—Gap Shoes—Tahari via Nordstrom Bag—Antonio Melani via Rag-O-Rama
Crisp white. This eyelet dress is chic with its striking crisscross halter, ruched bodice, and deep pockets. It is put together with tri-color metallic open-toe flats for a casual look. For more on the unbelievable deal I scored on this dress, check here.
Dress—Calvin Klein via T.J. Maxx Shoes—MICHAEL Michael Kors via Smartbargains
P.S. Thanks for checking in during my unannounced absence last week. I am preparing to relocate at the end of the summer. So, I was home hunting all last week. I will give updates on the move later.
You have no idea. Ha. Ok, I’ve been tagged by Apresenta to post 7 random facts about myself. Here goes.
- I was born and raised in St. Kitts, an island nation with a population that barely exceeds the University at which I now work.
- I spend most winter breaks in St. Kitts for Carnival.
- I only write with black ink and the pen has to be a Pilot p-500 pen.
- My favorite chocolate candy is a Cadbury Picnic bar. It is usually hard to find, so whenever I travel and find it, I stock up.
- I hate flower bouquets, and always worry that graciously accepting them from unknowing folks sends the wrong message. Of course, I had to let the Apex know after the first time.
- I don’t wear rings anymore.
- It is rare that I buy anything at full price.
Tagging What That Girl Wears and What’s My Style
My treasure. Today’s look features a dress that is surely one of my greatest resale shop finds. The burgundy, white, and black zigzag print silk dress has attractive features like playful bell sleeves, and black piping along the bust line, neckline, and sleeves. It is worn with black, t-strap, peep-toe pumps. White pearls add a sophisticated touch. I wore this outfit to an afternoon reception today.
Dress—Gianni Bini via Rag-O-Rama Shoes—Tahari via Marshalls Bag—MICHAEL Michael Kors Pearls—Overstock