After the Missoni for Target collection fiasco, I decided not to take any chances with the Jason Wu collection. You see, Jason Wu is known for his “clean lines and smart details” according to Target, so this collection, more so than any other, matches my my style.
Shopping Jason Wu for Target:
1. Prior to the big release day today, I studied the collection previews (styles, price points, and so on) and decided that I wanted the poplin dress in navy. I also verified that my neighborhood Target would carry the collection.
2. At about 4 am this morning, I grabbed my iPhone while in bed to see if the line had released online. It did. I then checked to ensure that the dress I wanted would be available in store because some items never made it to the stores.
3. I headed to my neighborhood Target (Hampton store), a much less trafficked store than the Brentwood location, arriving at 7:45 am. There were only 5 people in line!
4. At about 7:55 am, a Target employee came outside to explain a few shopping rules. For example, we were only allowed to carry 2 sizes in a style at a time and one of each accessory per person. Doors opened promptly at 8 am. I headed straight to the poplin dress and grabbed a size 4 and size 6.
5. Next stop was the fitting room. The size 4 was too tight, but the 6 was about right. I grabbed a couple other things in store and headed to the register.
|Jason Wu for Target Poplin Dress in Navy. Size 6.|
|A little Jason Wu next to my slice bread.|
There were very limited selections in most styles. In the poplin dress, there were only about 2 of each size available. There were about 25 people in line at my store at 8 am, and I’m certain that by the time we all left, there was nothing left.
A few local shoppers were disappointed that their preferred items weren’t in-store. Should’ve checked online first. But, Target was unreasonably quiet about important details like this prior to release day. Perhaps Target was directing all its energy into avoiding a site crash again?
For a few more pictures from my shopping trip, visit the Shopping Jason Wu for Target album on Facebook.
See the Jason Wu Dress Styled: